Image by Tumisu from Pixabay
Image by Miguel Calata from Pixabay

Research Background:

Late 2020, I had applied for a cybersecurity related internship hosted by The Army Cyber Institute at The United States Military Academy (West Point). During my time at West Point (August 4th - 31st), I worked as a research intern on assisting a Research Scientist / U.S. Army Cyber Officer in developing a API analyzer software which detects malicious threats injected onto the computer via Windows System Calls & Linux Process Trace. This research opportunity influenced me to dive deeper in analyzing various malware families and how they function within the operating system (OS) and kernel layer. This being said, I decided to go forth with pursuing an independent study regarding the API - analyzer and malware research for my senior capstone project. Since I am pursuing a degree in bachelor of science in Cybersecurity, I feel that it is relevant to research the processes and behaviors of different types of malware families. Currently, I am working on further researching and documenting my findings on malware attribution, detection, and prevention. If you are interested in following my progress in my research project on API - analyzer and malware families, feel free to refer to the document attached below. This document will be updated periodically as it moves along it's research progress.


Senior Capstone Project: