The basic store system is finished. Built proudly using my newly learned tool, Material-UI. As always, the first steps were not smooth with MUI because I need to build my app the MUI way. Although I say that, the difference isn't that drastic between my previous approaches because the basics of CSS remain all the same. I just need to re-route what I've understood and translate it into MUI components. But yeah, the experience has been good. Material Design specification looks really good.

My main goals of this basic store are:

  1. Add product to cart.
  2. Able to change each product's amount from inside cart.
  3. Delete product from cart.
  4. Calculate the final price (products subtotal and taxes).

The most important one for this project is the fourth goal. From what I've briefly learned in the past, payment processors will only look at the final price calculation for it to execute whatever they're doing. Therefore I can simplify an ecommerce app as an application which produces said final price value. For now, I think that definition will be sufficient in order for me to not get overwhelmed by the rather complex nature of an ecommerce app.

Now that the basic layout and functionalities are finished, I can proceed to adding the payment processors. As I said in my recent posts, I'll build various payment integration from many different processors. Actually, I've started reading PayPal's integration and I write this post as a way to chill out a bit from the inevitable smoke coming out of my head. Money is a nervy subject, I'm feeling like reading the majority of the documentation first before writing the code. Well, wish me luck please. That will be the end for today's post, thank you for reading and please have a nice day.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more