Saturday Morning. 25th Sep'21.

Its weekend. There are no meetings to attend, not much office work to do. Not a binding need to 'login' at the designated time. But I couldn't sleep anymore. I moved to my right on the bed, then to my left. I tried to shut close my eyes. But sleep had decided to evade me. Thats what happens with me on most weekends, I wake up early. Today, it was at 7 am. Yes, 7 am is early for me.

My mind wandered in all directions for a while. What to do now, I thought to myself. As always, there were books lying around me, on both sides. I picked up Phil Knights 'Shoe Dog', last few pages were remaining to be read. I had another vested interest too, and that was, maybe I might fall asleep while reading. And not think anymore about what to do this slightly overcast Saturday morning.

But Phil had better plans for me. He has wrapped his memoir around so many events of his life, his struggles, his victories, his legal battles, his management style, his world tour in the 1960s, his association with the Japanese and eventually building up a brand like 'Nike'. He mentions his regrets, the loss of his son in a tragic diving incident, his fights with his 'Buttfaces' and about doing good for the society.

His writing style is so natural that one will get hooked to reading his book in one go. I am not that a voracious reader, I think I took a whole 2 weeks to finish reading the book. When one can write in a manner that makes the reader feel that he or she himself/herself is living the authors life, I think that becomes a hallmark of literary genius. It has been one of the best books I have ever read. And I strongly recommend that you read it too. Who knows, you might find an inspiration to start your own journey. It just inspired me to be able to write like him one day.

So pick up the book, and read it. Just do it. I just did. Another thing to do for me, I might just buy a pair of Nikes.

P.S. : Next up on my reading list is Sam Waltons 'Made in America' .

P.P.S.: Tomo I am getting two more books delivered at my door step. First one is ' Cutting for Stone' by Abraham Verghese and second is 'Invictus' by Nidhie Sharma. So its fair to say "I am booked for the weekend"