Well, a few of my hypothesis about how powerful Material-UI (MUI) could be have answered themselves. Theming, man… MUI revolves around themes such as primary and secondary colors, text sizes, and even breakpoints. I tried to somewhat create my own CSS themes using SCSS. I feel it to be a bit hacky, but it's still proper solution regardless. Or as always, I haven't utilized the strength of SCSS yet. But we move on, I have MUI now and I am absolutely loving it.

One of the good thing about theming in MUI is to choose colors. There are generally two kinds of colors, primary and secondary colors. At first I simply thought of it to be a way to store your chosen colors and use it later on, but it does something even better than that. It also automatically defines lighter, darker, and contrast text colors based on your color. That is really neat, I tell you. Contrast text is the one that took me off. MUI will automatically adjust your text color depending on its background. If the background is light, MUI will choose the defined dark color. Otherwise, it will choose the lighter color for the text.

All these fascination are still exist inside my head, I need to build a project with it before delivering my verdict. I'm planning to build one toy and one serious project later using MUI. Huh, it's hard for me to imagine it turn out badly.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more