Reblogged from Mike Pitts – Digging Deeper:

Click to visit the original post
  • Click to visit the original post
  • Click to visit the original post
  • Click to visit the original post
  • Click to visit the original post
  • Click to visit the original post
  • Click to visit the original post
  • Click to visit the original post
  • Click to visit the original post

How to Build Stonehenge comes out on February 17 2022. Published by Thames & Hudson, it has lots of illustrations (including new photos and diagrams by me) and is the first book to focus exclusively and comprehensively on this theme, since… the nearest equivalent I know is Herbert Stone's The Stones of Stonehenge, published in 1924. I conceived it as a light, lockdown project (a short book with no illustrations, it'll be done in three months, I assured my family) but once I began I got sucked in; there was a lot to say: to a lay readership, I suspect, most of it is new.

Read more… 343 more words

How to Build Stonehenge by Mike Pitts. Draws on a lifetime's study and a decade of new research to address the first question that every visitor asks: how was Stonehenge built?