Season: Spring 2019

Location: Pensacola, FL

Picture

So, I also met him at a bar. Since I've deleted all the dating apps, hopefully for good, it's naturally the only place that I really meet guys.

-} At festivals, they don't rock my way

-} At a library it's nothing but old ladies and hardbacks

-} and in the neighborhood, it's a bunch of strays... oh and some homeless cats too

​Well, he was sitting at a bar stool alone in the piano bar and I struck up a conversation about the song that was on. He was perched next to two empty bar stools so, naturally, my bestie and I sat there to rest our 3-inch-elevated heels.

The conversation was sweet, like the vodka soda with a splash of cranberry I was sipping on. As the conversation continued, we ended up meandering to another room of the massive bar that housed a stage in the corner with a pretty banging cover band. While my best friend drooled over the heartbreaker lead singer, Mr. Woodstock danced near me. He informed both her and I that the lead singer is a friend of his and is quite the heartbreaker. He has one baby mama and one girlfriend that he's aware of. That didn't stop the best friend from drooling and my tipsy self replied, "yeah she always goes for no good, ass Jacks, and I make sure not to go for guys that are tens. I'm such a--"

His blue eyes locked into mine as he interjected, "oh," sounding deflated.

Confused at his reaction, I continued dancing as to not enhance my awkward.

Oh, I thought, does that mean he's into me?

Picture

Naive as that sounds, I legitimately had no idea the boy was interested in me. I just thought he was enjoying a conversation with strangers. God knows I did that a lot in Spain and other countries where English was not the primary language and blue was not a primary color. lol because how can you be blue when you're being showered with attention from European boys? 😉 Anyone that spoke English, you best believe my outgoing self was buddying up to them!

Anywhoooooo! My best friend and I were itching to dance, so before heading for the club section of the multipurpose bar, I invited him along. Mr. Woodstock gave a warranted exclamation of why he detested the club and how he wouldn't be caught in there (he never said dead, so I didn't want to be dramatic). So, I bid him adieu and told him if I ran into him later than great. Not wanting to risk not seeing me again, he grabbed my hand, blinked his blue eyes, and requested my phone number. As eager as a tipsy girl could be, I punched it into his phone with precision and smiled as I strutted away.

Moments later on the dance floor, my best friend was dancing between two guys. The one that obviously wasn't winning this dance battle with her, made advances over to me. [Typical]

Before I could even react, I felt a hand on my hip and heard a voice I'd heard before say, "hey Steph."

Reading my best friend's face of shock, I whipped around to find Mr. Woodstock. Taken aback because of all the things he just said about despising the club and how he wouldn't be caught in here, I gazed in bewilderment.

I'm not certain if I stopped dancing, but my insides froze. Smiling and touching my hand with his, he continued dancing with me. Eventually, the shock wore off and the clock stroke 3.

My blonde best friend had hit an emotional part in her "drunk" and the waterworks couldn't be contained.

"Hey, can I drive y'all home?" He offered.

Judgment call: I felt that any guy, even if he's one you just met a couple hours before, offers a crying girl and her friend a ride home, probably, isn't, most likely not going to chop us up into little bitty pieces and tile his bathroom with the remains. I know.... that was a little graphic for me too. #sorrynotsorry

Picture

Before he took us home, he asked permission for us to take a detour. Another judgement call Tipsy Stephanie made: sure! Adventure Time! But not like the show... I've been saying it a lot longer.

Then he walked us to a dock on the bay. *Hit it, Otis Redding!* My best friend was able to have some alone time since she didn't want to be consoled in her tears. Meanwhile, back at the bay, we walked to the edge of the pier where he kissed me. In the moonlight, just this stranger and I.

I couldn't have predicted this night with a multiple choice options. We apparently kissed in the corner of the club as well but that part's a little hazy-- whoops!

Once we arrived home and my friend was safe and sound in the bed, he revealed things to me. We had a heart-to-heart. Complete strangers, yet engaged in personal things.

Now, as you've read from my beginning posts in '17 till now, surely I was bound to learn something so, I was just listening this time. Avoiding intimate details about myself and my past, all I revealed when he admitted his battle with depression was my tendency to push people away and resist complacency and routine for too long.

He took kindly to the news but was hopeful in his phrase around 5am: "well, I hope you can stick around long enough for me to show you Pensacola." He kissed me once more and headed to the door. "Great meeting you and when can I see you again? "

"Umm... Tuesday?"

"I'll pick you up at 12," he said smiling.

Picture

Just 1 of a 3 part series

Picture

This free site is ad-supported. Learn more