VS Code is an awesome IDE for developers, it provide support for all languages around us. I found an IDE for Vue users recently on the Vue 3 documentation page, HBuilder X. I wanna just try.

The official site boasting about the features, sure it is light weight, interface look like smooth as a chocolate., lol

Appearance

Docking side bar, dark theme, an in built browser, all save my day, and make the development easy. The internal browser preview, well working, no longer need to open and manage multiple window on the screen , switching between Alt + Tabs.

Features

  • Inbuild browser preview (auto refresh)
  • Docking sidebar
  • Slim design
  • Light Weight
  • Vue Project Tools
  • Auto complete
  • Run using Context Menu
  • Undocked Terminal

Platform

It will work on Windows, Linux and Mac too. Download and Install.

Project

In built project manager allow me to quickly create Vue project without an active internet connection, wow. In Windows I always watching the npm grab dependency while I create the Vue project and some times it tool slow.

Running the project

I can now run the project without invoking the terminal, HBuilder do it for me using the same npm command.

Missing features

Most of us love the auto save option, I can't figure it out yet.

Escape

I search google for how to configure the IDE , got nothing , I figure it out myself. I surely pull the guide on my next post.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more