Hello MMers!

I love the idea of a family holiday called Thanksgiving. I grew up watching movies and hearing stories of Thanksgiving. It's a heartwarming thought that everyone in the family, big and small, far and near, gathered together under one roof to thank and appreciate the fortunate and blessed ongoings in their lives. In fact, it is very similar to what I have in my tradition that we called Chinese New Year or Lunar New Year.

As most of you know that I haven't seen my family for almost two years, I miss them very dearly. But I am thankful that all of them are healthy and strong. I didn't have to worry about them being in hospital and me not being there at their bedside. Neither do I have to worry about the elderly alone at home where we have a sound support system set up at home with my sister and brother-in-law living with my dad. And with Singapore, free from natural disasters and all-year-round warm weather, there is no need for me to worry excessively about earthquakes or typhoons happening back home. And the political stability in Singapore, I don't have to worry about riots or violence impacting the safety of my loved ones. These are a lot to be thankful for.

As an expat away from home, given that travelling is still restrictive, I can be stuck in a horrid situation where one of my loved ones is seriously ill, and I can't be there for them. I'm sure that many, like us, foreigners far away from home and some, unfortunately, will be working during this holiday season while suffering from homesickness or worrying about a loved one being sick. So let us be kind and generous to one another. We don't know what the other person is going through, what kind of life are they leading, but we can all do our part by smiling, taking time to greet one another and generously tipping our front liners. A smile and a "how are you" goes a long way.

These two years away from our dearest ones have taken a toil from us, even my little one, who is terribly missing her grandparents. With the incoming newborn, we thought it may be better to strengthen our support system. After all, it takes a village to raise a child, let alone we are going to have two mischievous monkeys! We are seriously thinking of ending our expatriate life here in Malaysia and returning to Singapore next year.

I am also grateful that interstate travelling is relaxed in November, and we can explore parts of Malaysia once more. We are planning 3 road trips within these two months before I popped out the incoming gift. Starting today, I kicked off our road trip adventures with glamping in the forest at Sekeping Serendah. Glamping is a form of glamorous camping in which you get to immerse with nature without sacrificing too much of your comfort.

The next road trip will happen in mid-November, where we will head for Malaysia's Club Med in Cherating so that our daughter can enjoy activities right at the beach while her parents enjoy some couple time, him drinking beers and me sipping my virgin mojitos by the pool in peace and quiet, before the hectic arrival of a screaming newborn and coping with the jealousy of an older sibling.

I'm kidding.

Not about the screaming baby but about the sibling rivalry.

My daughter has been so enthusiastic about the arrival of her baby sister; she has been bugging my gynaecologist at every check-up to cut me up and take out the baby quickly. She just can't wait for her baby sister to come out of me! Yes, my morbid little one even asked if she could be next to him during surgery so she could watch him operate on me. The best part? I'm due for a natural birth, not a caesarean surgery, so I guess she'll be pretty disappointed when she finds out.

Finally, ending our third adventure at Penang beginning of December was subjected to my gynaecologist's approval since it is pretty close to my due date. So it may or may not happen. Not so sure if I can roll around by then since I'm having backaches if I am on my feet for too long. But Penang is a heavenly place for foodies like me.

Greenery nature in a forest, chill time on the beach, and heavenly food paradise sounds like the ultimate babymoon! If Thanksgiving is all about spending quality time with loved ones, I am fortunate to be spending it with my family. Please pardon me if I am slow in my comments, but I'll be sure to post gorgeous photos of my adventures next month.

Until then, you'll be in my thoughts. Take care.

Sincerely,

Kally@MiddleMe.net


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more