Earlier this month, I wrote a Monday Musings on Poetry Month, at the end of which I asked readers to name their favourite poem.

Poetry Month finished yesterday, 31 August, so I thought I'd close out the month by listing the nominated poems, alphabetically by poet. I should add that some commenters cheekily named more than one (so I did too). Links on the poem title takes you to an online version

If this list has suddenly inspired you to add your own, please do so in the comments, and I will add it to this list.

Meanwhile, here are some thoughts about poetry posted on Instagram by the month's organisers, RedRoom Poetry

"Poetry ... brings me great comfort and discomfort, and I'm thankful for both" (David Stavanger, Lead Producer))

"Writing is also an act of reading–not only books but all forms of textuality: the ground, the vegetation, the 'world around us'. (John Kinsella, #30in30 writing prompt)

"Poetry for me is the project of trying to put into language ideas and states of being that feel unnameable or uncontainable" (Izzy Roberts-Orr, Digital Producer)

"Poetry has no limits or positions. It is a freedom. It can be one word or many." (Tenzin Choegyl, #poetryambassador)

And this, a challenge for Bill:

"I'm not interested in hearing people read other people's poems. I'd rather listen to a truck driver read out a poem about his truck, than the world's finest actor read out the world's finest sonnet. It's about the poet for me." (Brendan Cowell, #30in30)

And finally, to close out Poetry Month, an image from RedRoom Poetry's Instagram account of one of the many poems posted during the month. (I think it is ok, copyright-wise, for me to share this)

And remember, it's not too late to share your favourite/s.