What are the most common phrases that everyone tends to use during Teams meetings, things people only say when you join a call?

Just for fun, here is my top 10 list.


  1. I'll just quickly share my screen.
  2. You're on mute.
  3. Can you hear me?
  4. Can you see my screen?
  5. You're breaking up.
  6. You've got your hand raised.
  7. Sorry, Teams crashed.
  8. Sorry, my WiFi dropped out.
  9. Sorry, I couldn't find the mute button.
  10. You're sharing the wrong screen.

On Fridays I like to play meeting phrase bingo to lighten the mood. I recommend creating your own list and playing along with collegues.

Each person playing gets 3/4 of the above phrases, randomly selected. The first person to get all phrases wins.

I'll just quickly share my screen.

This one is my favourite, why do people feel the need to add the word quickly. How can you share your screen slowly? 😀


Disclaimer; don't let this become a drinking game, that would be unprofessional! 😀