Well I never really left. Just haven't felt like posting. Sorry.

The Yorkshire Fells Soft Pastel on Black Mi Teinte paper

Took a Shopkeeparty class today with Robert Dutton a Yorkshire artist whose a terrific sharing teacher. I am crazy about his drawings and love his book. Does wonderful mixed media and pastels. You can follow him of Facebook or Instagram.

Be sure to check out Shopkeeparty for their classes. Twice a week they offer short hour long classes on youtube or zoom. The Thursday classes are £6. Not sure what that is in US $$

The photo
Sketching it in with a mauve purple and a yellow green

And then it went fast. As somebody said it was trying to chasing a rabbit.

Coming along.
What's with that tree. Eeek
At the end our two and half hour class. I was actually drawing with my left hand and I am SO right handed.

I sent it to my favorite critic Ruth who is a great pastel artist. She said a little busy. she of course was right. But I had been busy trying to catch a jack rabbit. Lol.

So I calmed it down quite a bit. Always listen to The Ruth. Saved a lot of time and headaches. Really like the sky and the tree on the right now.

So this evening I spent a lot of time looking out the window at the river bathed in gold sunlight thinking that would make a pastel and so would that and that.

And I could add a few boaters that zoomed by in that silvery water.

And then there's that sky. With the fog and the golden light. The fog kept getting thicker. The egrets started roosting in one of the trees. Yup there's a painting in there somewhere if I crop it right.
My set up today. Had to draw vertically so the dust would fall off the paper I think the dusty pastel got to my sinuses. Stuffed up.