cherry-nut chocolate pinwheels

I pulled what now seems to be my signature move on these Cherry-Nut Chocolate Pinwheels: I baked them on time and then totally didn't feel like writing a post about them. I guess now I easily have something to post for Rewind week. Please don't think that means I didn't like these. Not so-- I actually liked them a lot! A cooked down dried cherry and walnut paste is rolled up inside Dorie's Do-Almost-Anything Chocolate Dough. What's not to like? They even held their shape (a fear of mine with pinwheels, and slice and bake cookies in general)! I decided to decorate them with the optional white chocolate drizzle, but it sort of hides the spiral of goodies going on. These have kind of a fruit cake vibe, and I think they would make great holiday cookies.

For the recipe, see Dorie's Cookies by Dorie Greenspan. Don't forget to check the TWD Blogroll!


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more