Week 5 of Nonfiction November ... whew, made it to the end, and it wasn't so hard!

Nonfiction November, as of course you know, is hosted by several bloggers, with week 5 hosted by Jaymi at The OCBookGirl:

It's been a month full of amazing nonfiction books! Which ones have made it onto YOUR TBR? Do we have any of the same ones?

Be sure to link back to the original blogger who posted about that book!

I wrote in my first Nonfiction November post that I wasn't looking to add to my TBR, but of course it can't help but happen. Over the month I've seen many, many books that appealed to me and that I'd love to read, but I really can't add increase my TBR. However, I couldn't call myself a keen reader if I didn't add just a couple, so here are a few that REALLY tempted me:

Book cover
  • Graphic nonfiction: I commented on Words and Peace Emma's post that I am not much of a graphic fiction reader, let alone graphic nonfiction, but some of the books she listed did grab my attention, like Grant Snider's I will judge you by your bookshelf. What reader doesn't sneakily do this from time to time?
  • Literary biography: I do love literary biography, and a few came up this month. Mallika (Literary Potpourri) gave me Paula Byrne's The adventures of Barbara Pym; Brona (This Reading Life) gave me one I already had in my sights, Gabrielle Carey's Only happiness here (on Elizabeth von Arnim); and didn't someone share Bernadette Brennan's Leaping into waterfalls about Gillian Mears? If not, they should have, because I want to read it, so I'm including it here.
  • Nature writing - Trees: With a name like Whispering Gums I have to be a bit of a sucker for trees, so I did love Readerbuzz Deb's Be the expert post on trees. Every book in her list appealed, from forest bathing to books discussing famous trees.
  • More nature writing: Brona also gave me (in the previously-linked post) a book that deviates somewhat from my usual reading, but that I thought might capture my reading group's attention for our schedule next year. It didn't, but I'll keep it on my list: Raynor Winn's The salt path. And, Kate (booksaremyfavouriteandbest) reminded me that I still want to read Rebecca Giggs' Fathoms (about whales).
  • Social issues/Race: Liz (Adventures in reading, running and working from home) shared two books that provoked much thought for her (and for others whom I know have read them): Robin DiAngelo's White fragility and Layla F. Saad's Me and white supremacy.

A small list, I know, but more than I intended, to which I owe a big thanks (I think) to the 5 hosts of Nonfiction November 2021 - and all the bloggers who took part and shared your reading. It's been fun, and edifying!

And now, I'd love to hear whether you added any books to your TBR pile from our blogosphere Nonfiction November month?