Big Idea: We live our destiny one day at a time

As I prepare to rejoin the 75 Hard Challenge, this time I'm more mindful of what I'm doing with each day.

Before it was just to hustle and finish the 75 Hard Challenge. Before I even learned about 75 Hard, my focus was always planning for some vague future that I was always chasing:

"When I get enough money, I'll start the business...that I Googled for hours on end{...but never took action on.

"When I get enough money, I'll eat healthier"....but still bought junk food

"When I get this certification, then my career will be set"...but ended up not taking certification because I either lost interest or didn't have the money and didn't create a plan to get the money.

You get the gist.

Growing up poor but with plenty of dreams, it was easy for me to accept the story of "one day" while not really believing it or doing anything radical to change that.

Now, getting to food

Another area I struggle with, besides the poverty mindset is food. I can hustle and fight my way through a 75 Hard challenge or 30-day No Soda challenge...but I always revert back to eating junk food.

Let's fact it. Eating food because it's "healthy" is not really sexy. I don't care how many news stories from "experts" or people with perfectly shaped humans who say "eating vegetables is good for you."

Eating Cheetos is more fun.

But...in looking at my own life, I can see the happiest I've been with food was not when I was eating "healthy" but when I didn't care about healthy: holidays, just grabbing food and not worrying about how many calories was or what vitamins were in that food.

At the same time, I made "healthy" food a struggle. I ate food out of obligation. I would switch plans because of a new fad or something a blog post I Googled said. I didn't bother to find fun in eating actual food.

I didn't learn to cook or get new recipes or explore new foods. I just defaulted to what I assumed was "healthy" (usually tuna fish, boiled egg whites, chicken breasts, etc.)...eventually going back to junk food because it tasted better.

What if I were to change that?

Body:

Body: Not measured. Menu and routine created

Water: There is a 75 Hard Water bottle! Not measured, but up to 100 ounces. Need a tracker app again

Exercise: I split this into Workout AWorkout A: Stretching

Mind: This area will focus on learning new skills, particularly software testing automation with Python. I've narrowed my focus here...also anything else I want to learn to live what "Big Magic" calls a "creative life".

Business: This area will focus on the eBay (reselling), Shopify (POD), and job board that I'm working on. Results will be shared on my other blog I have a preliminary schedule and will be following it...but I can't guarantee I won't change and evolve this idea

Spirit: This will focus on two areas, Hour of Power in the morning (20 minutes of exercise, meditation/visualization, and reading) and Hour of Restoration at night (20 minutes of reading, meditation/visualization, and reflection/prep.

I will not hold onto a strict guideline for the Hour of Power/Resotration. If I need sleep, I can the time short or eliminate altogether. The point is to set an anchor to start and end my day.

I already start the day with Bible study and prayer.

With this, we'll see where I end up...and also where I screw up.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more