Before starting this review, I'd like to give a huge thank you to Estelle, who introduced me to this beautiful novel, provided me with a copy, and has been amazing to work with as I have prepared this review. Every page of this book was amazing, so I can't wait to share my thoughts with you all!

The Bridge of Little Jeremy by [Indrajit GARAI]

The adventure of a young Parisian artist and his dog. A novel of action and reflection; of fidelity and trust; of resilience, love, and the power of art. Jeremy's mother is about to go to prison for their debt to the State. He is trying everything within his means to save her, but his options are running out fast. Then Jeremy discovers a treasure under Paris. This discovery may save his mother, but it doesn't come for free. And he has to ride over several obstacles for his plan to work. Meanwhile, something else is limiting his time...

Goodreads/Amazon/

My Rating: 5 STARS!!!!!!! (this is my first 5 star review since starting this blog, I'm so excited to share it with you!)

The Bridge of Little Jeremy is such a beautiful book, it tells about the journey of Jeremy, a young boy who is selling art to help support his mother, who is in a bad place financially. It's a story about family, strength, perseverance, honesty, and the power of art. I am so thankful to have has this opportunity to read it. I didn't really know what to expect going into it, but I'm so glad that I did and it has found it's way into my *highly selective* list of Goodreads Favorites! It's amazing!!

This book was a tear-jerker for sure, so bring your tissues! It's also full of lessons, inspirational characters, and just the right amount of suspense (and can I just say that Leon is the best dog ever to exist on the planet Earth?).

One thing I loved about this book: I liked Jeremy's character, his artistic side, plus how he's so devoted to helping his mom. I enjoyed seeing the perfect balance of responsibility and youthfulness that he has!

Something interesting about this book: it was such a heavy story told by such a young character, so he was forced to become super mature for his age (because of the circumstances that had happened in his life as well as their financial dilemma). He's a very secretive person, but does it all for what he believes is right, to help his mother. It was really cool to get that added dimension. Stories like this with such young characters going through so much shows how anyone can win their battles, no matter their age. It was a really inspiring read.

My age rating: 12 & up

Themes: art, dogs, family, honesty,
Genres: middle grade, young adult, all ages, realistic fiction

Have you read The Bridge of Little Jeremy? Do you plan to? You can find this book here at Goodreads/Amazon/

Feel free to discuss your thoughts about this book in the comments section below!


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more