caramel-sugar pufflets

I am almost too sugared out with my summer recipe testing job to handle these Caramel-Sugar Pufflets this week. If I hadn't already had a packet of the base dough in the freezer from the Sour Cream Everything Seed Knots, I may have just quietly skipped them. As with the knots, the dough for these pufflets goes through a series of folds and turns to create flaky layers, but instead of salty, seedy sprinkles between each layer, these get hefty sprinklings of sugar that caramelize in the oven. I really gave these the "French bake," so the are super crisp and have little lacy caramel bits on the edges. My tastes are trending toward the savory right now, as I'm making and tasting three or four sweet recipes a day, but I can appreciate a small nibble with a cup of coffee.

For the recipe, see Dorie's Cookies by Dorie Greenspan. Don't forget to check out the rest of the TWD Blogroll and please join us anytime!


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more