Here comes PetTake first release, a place to find your pet buddy. It has been a fun project to build so far because I integrated many new things into it, namely GraphQL, Redux vs Apollo Client, and local image upload. There were many somewhat unpleasant struggles along the way, but seeing how it all tie and work together is always satisfying for me to see. It's as if I'm asking "Whoa, I built this thing?"

Of course it's still a bit far from the standard which I want to achieve. But because of whatever amount of projects I've worked on, I've come to understand and fully acknowledge the idea of the non-existent of perfection. That is you will never achieve and you should not aim for perfection. However, I do embrace the idea of its basically endless possibility to improve. And certainly so, PetTake still has some more exciting stuff to add and refine, which will have to wait until I have a few seconds of breather.

Now I'm right onto the next project, which is to rebrand myself on the Internet. One of it is to re-create my personal website. Believe me, I cringed a lot when I see my first personal website. It's still online via GitHub pages at https://yosepra.github.io/. You can visit it while it's still there, because I will replace it with the new one which I'm about to build.

When I'm talking about managing a project, I'm never proud with how I manage my project. I was never able to even accomplish the deadline which I set. And whenever I overdue the deadline, I would honestly feel devastated by it. Perhaps it's my fault for not trying hard enough, but it's also because I take too big of work chunk and set it out with too quick of a deadline. Honestly, I still don't know my limit. Or maybe I have but I haven't yet to create an appropriate system to adapt to it. That's why I'm taking a new approach for my next project, which is using Scrum workflow.

The Beginner's Guide To Scrum And Agile Project Management

This is quite an advanced project management system/workflow. While the rules are quite easy to understand, it will certainly take time to master it. Especially there is this weird lingo such as backlog, sprint, and stand-ups. But to be honest, I want to try it because I want to use Kanban, which is a way to visualize workflow using whiteboard. I'm not using physical whiteboard however, but Trello app instead. From the first look of the list and cards workflow works, I'm confident I could benefit from such workflow. The tricky part is probably to decide how big a chunk of sprint task, decide its definitive goal, and give it an appropriate amount of deadline. I think to be able to consistently find the sweet spot between those factors could determine my productivity. Moreover, Scrum is all about cycle. At the end of each sprint cycle, I will have an opportunity to evaluate my sprint and think of what could be improved from the previous cycle.

That being said, let's go to the next project already! Thank you for reading my post and have a nice day.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more