There are so many tools that a data scientist has to use daily, and each tool has several alternatives. Just like a programming language, you can choose any tool that you find easy to use, if you are productive for a business, no one is going to force you to choose what they want you to work with. So if you want to know the tools that I use every day as a Data Scientist, this article is for you. In this article, I'll walk you through some of the most important tools I use Daily as a Data Scientist.

Tools I use Daily as a Data Scientist

As mentioned above, there are a lot of tools that are used by data scientists to be more productive, but not each of those tools is used by every data scientist and not every tool is used daily. By tools here, I mean the software and other technologies that are used to be more productive at work. So below are all the tools that I use daily as a data scientist.

Visual Studio Code

Visual Studio Code is a code editor from Microsoft. It supports almost every programming language I have heard of. I use Python for every data science task, and always prefer Visual Studio Code when training a machine learning model. I also prefer to use the Visual Studio Code editor to create every beginner or advanced Python/C++ project while creating content for this platform.

Microsoft Excel

Most of the time, the data I receive is not completely ready for analysis or training machine learning models. Sometimes I need to have more columns when the data is not enough for a conclusion. In such cases, I prefer to use Microsoft Excel to modify the dataset. There may be other alternatives to Microsoft Excel, but I still prefer it over all of its alternatives.

Microsoft Azure

Microsoft Azure is a cloud computing platform and online portal for accessing and managing Microsoft's cloud computing resources and services. Azure and AWS are amazing cloud computing platforms that you can use for deploying machine learning models. I don't use Azure daily but included it in the list because all data scientists use a cloud computing platform for machine learning model deployment.

Tableau

Tableau is a data visualisation software that can help every data science professional to understand their data. Most of the beginners in data science keep asking what to choose between Tableau and Power BI. You should explore both these software and choose the one which you find easy and more productive. I find Tableau more interactive and easy, so I always prefer it over other data visualisation software.

Google Colaboratory

Google Colaboratory or Colab helps you write and execute Python in your browser without having Python installed in your system with free access to GPUs. I use Google Colab as an alternative to Jupyter notebook as I find Google Colab more interactive while exploring the dataset I am working on.

Summary

So Visual Studio Code, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Azure, Tableau, and Google Colab are some of the most important tools I use daily as a data scientist. Please remember that not each of these tools is used by every data scientist daily. I hope you liked this article on the tools I use daily as a Data Scientist. Feel free to ask your valuable questions in the comments section below.