What I appreciate most about my newly acquired ZenCore Electric Kettle is that I'm now able to have boiling hot water in 5 minutes, which is quicker than the time it took my water cooler to produce hot, though not boiling, water. When I use a pot on my stove, it usually takes 8 to 10 minutes for the water to boil, depending on how high I set my gas flame and the amount of water in the pot. So, it's a treat to now have boiling water so quickly and reliably. This is also helpful for cooking when you need that boiling hot water ASAP, like when your hangry child wants their mac and cheese immediately if not sooner. While I personally didn't mind the temperature of the hot water my water cooler produced, it did not help with cooking and was sometimes a pain when we had guests over because the temperature was not hot enough for their liking, so we'd end up putting their hot beverage in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds to heat it up more. No chance of that happening with an electric kettle.

What you get.
What you get.

What I like about the kettle I selected is that it not only looks nice and has good heft but that it is made of borosilicate glass, which is considered nontoxic. I used to have a plastic electric kettle years ago that I got rid of when we got the water cooler because I didn't think I needed it any longer and because I had some concerns over it being made of plastic, as it's well known that the hotter plastic gets, the more likely it is to release dangerous chemicals, including BPA and other endocrine disrupters. With a borosilicate glass kettle, there are no concerns over such chemicals leaching into the water as it boils. The other advantage of a glass kettle is that it's kind of fun watching the water come to a rolling boil. This kettle also has an LED light that changes colors from blue, to purple/pink, to red as it's cooking the water, so you get a sense of how close you are to your water being fully boiled and can see what water looks like as it goes through various temperature stages. Once the water comes to a rolling boil, the kettle and light shut off.

The LED color indicates what stage it is in the boiling process.
The LED color indicates what stage it is in the boiling process.

Because the electric kettle is visually interesting with its lights, I do have some safety concerns regarding its use around young children. it's especially important for any children who will be around the kettle to understand that this isn't a toy, and that boiling water is extremely dangerous. Ideally, it should be kept away from children's reach and only used when an adult is present, as accidents can happen exceedingly quickly. I have paranoia over such things, so I made sure to explain all of this to my young daughter and I do not leave the room when the kettle is in use. The kettle I ordered comes with a foam brush and two packets of a citric acid detergent that can be used for descaling. Since we just replaced all our copper pipes due to extremely hard water and put in a whole-house water softening system and a reverse osmosis filter system under our kitchen sink, I'm hoping we won't have to deal with any scaling or that it will be minimal. After 1 week of use, I have not noticed any issues yet. I'm excited though because with our ultra-filtered water and this electric kettle, we can get rid of our water cooler and reclaim a little space in our kitchen.

Definitely boiling.
Definitely boiling.