This week, after a break over the summer due to personal reasons, I've come back to my full Group Exercise teaching schedule (around my day job so not actual full time teaching).

Immediately after my first class I remembered how much I love teaching and classes. Do I feel like I need to get fitter still- yes, did that matter much? Not at all. The connection with people and being able to coach and encourage people to feel like they worked hard and enjoyed it makes it one of the best jobs you can do. My favourite feedback was that was hard but I enjoyed it, because that's exactly how it should be, we aren't training for the Olympics so it should be enjoyable and make you feel good (even if at the time you're swearing under your breath!).

What I also realised is I'm effectively starting back and with that need to take my own advice and ease myself in. I need to teach all my classes of course so I can't just do a couple this wee and build up (or leave early) as members can. What I can do is plan my week accordingly. As such I made sure at the weekend that I'd done a food shop, meal prepped, got clothes ready for the week. I've kept my diary as clear as possible so in between work and classes I can chill and recover as I knew I'd be more tired than usual this week.

Sometimes you need to acknowledge how much you can reasonably take on and succeed with and whilst it's good to challenge yourself, doing so to a degree where you're likely to feel rubbish or like you've achieved nothing because you burnt yourself out is counter productive.