My Facebook account appears to have been hacked. Either that, or there's some gigantic fuck-up in their software. Part of the problem is that I have two accounts -- Jim Aikin and Jim Aikin Author. The Author account is still (as of this moment) functional. But when I try to restore access to the personal account, Facebook's software keeps directing me over to the Author account. The personal account now has an email address at hotmail, which was never me. Their system wants to send the reset code to that email. Well, not gonna do that.

Sad to say, I rely on Facebook for a significant part of my social life. I get into random conversations with people, keep up with my friends' lives, watch a few groups, and so on. But my Author account is deliberately devoid of political rants. That's why I have it. It's a sort of pathetic P.R. ploy. It leads to approximately zero sales of books, but that's why I have it.

I have a couple of ideas about how this situation may have arisen, but I'm not going to share them here.

I was thinking tonight about ways to jump-start my face-to-face social life. Maybe this is the kick in the pants that I needed. Oh, wall. Sayonara, Facebook. It was nice while it lasted.