Hey,

Rob here. I'm part of the PyImageSearch team, but — full disclosure — I'm not a developer or "tech-person."

This means I'm the guy who asks the stupid questions in our standup calls, the stuff that even beginner devs know the answer to but your average Joe (aka me) thinks is pure wizardry.

So, put yourself in my shoes for a minute when I was telling the team about a podcast I listen to, hosted by Bebo (later acquired by Twitch) CEO Shaan Puri.

Shaan is a pretty charismatic guy and has a certain way of talking, breaking stuff down into simple, bitesize frameworks. But when he mentioned in one of his recent episodes that someone had created a website that can write text in the way he speaks, I was skeptical.

At this point, you don't really need to know how he speaks or even have to try it for yourself. 

What you do need to know, however, is that my reaction was, THIS IS FRICKIN' AMAZING. HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE, AND ARE WE LIVING IN THE FUTURE ALREADY?!

The reaction from the team here at PyImageSearch, however, was more along the lines of: 

"Yes, of course, that's possible. 

In fact, you should probably check out This Person Does Not Exist [have you ever seen this website ?!] or any of the stuff on This X Does Not Exist."

(the latter being a list of everything from real estate listings to, ummm, feet that look real but are 100% fabricated by AI)

It's safe to say that my worldview has changed dramatically since that call a few days ago… 

But what I do know, after I'd stopped breathing into a paper bag, is that:

  1. The future of AI, the internet, online products, and the entire world will be shaped by people with the knowledge to create this kind of stuff.
  2. That can be YOU after taking our GANs course, which is part of PyImageSearch University.

But, if you want to do exactly that, I'd recommend not doing it today

If I were you, I'd wait until noon Eastern on 24 November for our Black Friday sale (Thanksgiving in the U.S.), when you can get our 30% off for one hour only (noon to 1 pm Eastern).

Subscribers to our emails (you) get 30% off on everything our team has ever produced for 60-minutes only

Nobody else on the planet is going to get this deal except subscribers like you, which is why we've called it, um, 

SUBSCRIBER HOUR.

However, while some of us know how to create fake feet and others know how to make one americano last an entire day when the coffee shop has great wifi, we all agree that working out time zones is tough. 

So, here's a chart to help you see what time Subscriber Hour is running where you are:

Take this auto-reminder which you can add to your Google or iCalendar to get a notification when the sale is about to start.

 

Rob, Your PyImageSearch Non-Tech Guy
Hey, ma! They let me write an email!

P.S. Missing your location on the world clock chart? Hit reply and let us know! ✍️

Not interested?  Cool, opt out of this sale.