My medical diagnosis has become the most life-changing event in my life (and I thought not graduating college would be!)

But, instead of letting that diagnosis drag me down into the abyss of "just another chronic illness", I am digging my nerdy hills in and going to use it to transform everything...

But...then I remebered the story of Chadwick Boseman who did MULTIPLE movies with Stage 3 colon cancer. He was so tough that people on set didn't even know.

And I appreciated Chadwick on a whole new level.

...and I started to pick up my own nerdy self.

I am going to continue my journey of transformation through mastery of habit using everything I remember from 75 Hard, Gibborim, 12 Week Year, and more...

But, I now realize that all of this self-experimentation has to tie into a bigger purpose or it will be nothing.

Yes, I completed 75 Hard but if it doesn't continue to radically transform my life...what was the point? Twitter likes

At the same time, if I can't do 75 Hard like I want, does that mean I give up on self-transformation? Heck no.

So, let's continue

After reading "Smarter Tomorrow" , I realize that I want to take my habit experiments down a more "scientific" path.

In addition, since I am dealing with a chronic illness (possibly 2) with one involving my nervous system, I might as well as use my experiments to improve my health as much as possible and leave a record for anybody that might follow.

n essence, I'm going to continue life hacking (experiments, tracking, etc. to continually upgrade my life). My life has never been "normal", so I will not start now.

Modified 75 Hard

  1. Read a book for at least 10 minutes
  2. Take a progress photo
  3. Walk at least 2,000 steps a day
  4. Do a modified workout of modified squats,lunges, wall pushups, 2 handed kettlebell press, and plank
  5. Complete top 3 goals

Today's progress: I did everything except #5. I'll have to restart...but I did find The 75 Strong Challenge: Build A Remarkable, Stronger You in 75 Days with These 10 Powerful Tasks...so I might upgrade a little.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more