Amazon offered me this little treasure, and I snapped it up. London, fog (and more fog), horrid murders, ladies and gentlemen in splendid 1900 outfits--really, what more can you ask?
Rupert Everett makes a languorous Sherlock--very beautiful with all that eye makeup and smokey pallor. He is NOT a friendly soul, and is deeply resentful of Watson's departure--we first see him in an opium den, pipe in mouth, dealing with boredom in the only way he knows how.

This movie did not win great reviews, but was well enough received. The plot involves a nasty and sordid series of murders--and ends with one of those K-K-KRAZY plot twists that many people despise. I find I am able to stand it, particularly as it concerns that astonishingly beautiful actor Michael Fassbender.

Such a pretty fellow--I particularly admired his Mr. Rochester in the 2011 Jane Eyre!
Though honesty constrains me to admit that in this movie he is NOT an admirable character. In fact he--well, WELL--let us not stoop to any heinous spoilers!
However, Sherlock unravels the puzzle, Watson marries his American, and all ends well. Though I fear that Holmes will return to his opium den.